View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #29
saysaknow2
Registered

I'm back.

Turns out it wasn't the screensaver at all. I've been having a lot of hardware and software problems with my computer and it is all thanks to Dell.

My computer has a ATI mobility radeon 9700 graphics card. The drivers were (and are) updated and it's working fine, so that wasn't the problem. In the device manager window, I had the ATI card and a Voo doo card listed. The Voo doo Card needed an driver update but turns out all I needed to do is delete the stupid thing. How this got on my computer, I don't know. I'm betting it was on my computer when I got it. I even told the Dell technicians I had this card listed on the device manager window and they acted like it was normal. They don't know their stuff I guess. I fixed it myself.

So if any of you are having this problem...In Windows XP, click Start, right click My Computer, click Properties, click on the hardware tab, then click device manager. This will open the Device Manager. It is a list of components that are installed on your computer.

First off, double click Display adapters to see your list of graphics cards. If any of these have a yellow circle with an exclamation mark on it, then right click on it and select Update Driver...This will take you to a wizard where you can upgrade your graphics card. Note: be sure to have the internet. This will let you receive updates from the internet.

If this doesn't solve the problem or you don't have any graphics cards that need an update, then you might have to update the components listed in Other Devices.

Hope this helps. I haven't read the other posts so sue me if I'm repeating the same info. Oh and Microsoft sucks. I switched to Suse. I won't have to worry about crap like this again.
saysaknow2 is offline   Reply With Quote