View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 11:41 AM   #6
Xylem
Registered

Hello Reichart,

Yes, GA is indeed a wonderful work of art, and I respectfully defer to the artist in all matters artistic.

In addition, though, and given my experiences with GA and the comments in this thread I wonder if I might offer some comments:

1. I downloaded the latest update twice before I got the right one. Would it be possible to put the build number in the title of the d/l rather than just "v0.9"?

2. Although it is fun to 'play' with the program, there is some confusion about settings, the meaning of various things in the config panel, and the exquisite capabilities of the program. Would it be possible, then, for the inclusion of a more comprehensive 'help' file, or even a .pdf manual, to help the handicapped among us

3. After loading the last update the tank sequences were set to default, which is no problem. But when I began to rearrange them to my preference I realized that the names of the various tanks are confusing, especially when rearranged in an order other than default.

Might I suggest this naming convention, so that it makes sense regarless ot the order one chooses:

CLEAR TANK
SPARSE PLANTING
MEDIUM PLANTING
LUSH PLANTING ("the tank")
POND
LARGE TANK

I thank you for listening, and hope you realize this is offered in the spirit of community and that no criticism is intended. This program is a wonderful work of art. If it wasn't, I wouldn't care so much.

Regards, -Tom
Asus P5E3 Premium, Q9550, 8G DDR3, Palit Radeon HD 4870, Windows 7
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote