View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #303
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim,

I might be kind of "out of line" with this, but I can't a totally see the point of where you are coming from here. I realize from a distribution standpoint that you would like the largest customer base you could have, but on the other hand, limiting yourself expotentially just doesn't cut it either.

I have seen some of your work through the years, and to me its amazing. I certainly know I couldn't do it. Your nautilus, the paintings, the aquarium, etc. etc. To me your statement is like saying da Vinci should have painted La Gioconda using only 1 brush with 3 bristles. IMHO you should concentrate on producing the best work you can and generally let us worry about what it takes to run it.

I know the machine I am planning on is "bleeding edge" as Morgan likes to say, and I can see where designing for that exclusively would be limiting, but overall no more so than severely limiting yourself the other way either. Technology moves forward, and your work needs to move with it. Once again, JMHO.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote