View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #305
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Just to throw in another thought about audience. If you were to make this absolutely life like quality, it may limit many users that won’t have the equipment; however it would open it up to another kind of audience. There are many people out there with high end equipment that are begging for something to challenge their system to a good show. There are a lot of games flying off the shelves right now that require top end systems, and I think a big part of it has to do with them just looking very pretty. I know when I spent a few thousand on my computer a few months ago, I went out and got Oblivion simply for no other reason then because of the graphics (but luckily it’s a great game too). I wanted to give my computer a good test to justify myself spending that kind of money and be satisfied by saying “Now that’s what my computer can do!” People with high end systems may not be the majority, but they are often hardcore spenders. Also I would imagine the word would spread, “Dude, you gotta check out this screensaver. The graphics are insane, and you’d swear it’s real.”
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote