View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #1226
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Ropaswan:
When I purchased the download I was duped into buying the "bundle" of MA2 and MAT (with the crystal clock). I figured MAT was an add-in, so needed to be purchased along with the other, not a whole different program.  
I'm sorry you feel you were "duped". Marine Aquarium Time 2 is prominently featured as a $20 purchase on the Products page. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the wording on the site, please let us know!

I use my laptop with a 2nd monitor so like the multidisplay program, but now I can't have the clock on-screen like I paid for. Is there any plan to make the time program multiscreen?  
Please visit the Marine Aquarium Time product page and download Marine Aquarium Time 2.0 MD.

Also, when I come back to my desk I have to close the screen saver to check for e-mail. What would be slick is to have some indication (a flag waving on a submerged mail box or something) indicating e-mail has arrived (like the one down by the clock in the task bar).  
Not everyone uses Outlook. That said, I will wait for Jim to comment on whether this feature is a possibility.

One more observation. When I run MA or MAMS my frame rate is about 50-60 fps. When I run MAT it shows 180 fps. The one difference I've noticed is the slow ones use VSyncCLAMP while the fast one uses VSyncOFF.  
VSyncCLAMP is better for your computer because it doesn't stress the components quite so much. When the Aquarium is generating more than 100 frames per second, those frames aren't actually seen, but the 3D chips are working hard to generate them anyway. My recommended setting is 58fps. To change the setting, hit the SPACE bar to open up Settings and use the "Limit fps to" feature.

Anyway. This is really a great program. Like others have said, this is the first screen saver I've found worth paying for. Keep up the good work.  
Glad to hear you are happy with it and thanks for your suggestions!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote