View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 09:14 AM   #19
GCL
Registered

{The CD users can still get all free updates. They can download and use v1.1, which includes the Lionfish. 2.0 is not a free update. It's only free for 90 days as a reward to our online customers. After that, it will be $5.95 for everyone.}

Therefore obviously, CD buyers "supporting" the product are not
rewarded. Even if a store receipt is made available.

{We like to encourage people to buy online. In addition to greatly increased net, there are the environmental issues of less proliferation of cardboard and plastic, less trees cut down, fuel used during shipping, warehouse space, etc.}

I am for recycling, saving the environment, etc.
As stated in this thread, a strong disclaimer should be made to the public that a CD or online purchase have it's merit and downside. That is, when a user clicks on the buy now, he/she should be told of the option and reasons.

Don't get me wrong folks, I know how hard Jim (team) worked and a good quality product. Not bashing this issue into the ground but I believe in fairness and disclosures.

On the example on the previous user and upgrade remarks, I got last summer Photoshop 6.5 and then Photoshop 7 was introduced.
Adobe has a policy within a time frame of release, users WILL receive the next version at no cost. We know Photoshop is no small fry as far as value goes. Bought the CD version and got a new CD version by mail.
This is one of many products I have bought and received version upgrades at no cost. This especially applies to shareware software (CD or online purchase).

Thanks again and will wait for feedback.
GCL is offline   Reply With Quote