View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

Originally posted by GCL
Therefore obviously, CD buyers "supporting" the product are not rewarded. Even if a store receipt is made available.
Correct. The store is free to reward them, since they made more money than we did.

... a strong disclaimer should be made to the public that a CD or online purchase have it's merit and downside. That is, when a user clicks on the buy now, he/she should be told of the option and reasons.
Such a strong disclaimer would not endear us to distributers or retailers. Once the customer has pressed the "Buy Now" button they have already decided to buy online.

.Adobe has a policy within a time frame of release, users WILL receive the next version at no cost. We know Photoshop is no small fry as far as value goes. Bought the CD version and got a new CD version by mail.
While I strongly disagree on the value of Photoshop (I consider it one of the worst examples of bloatware on the market), Adobe can afford to do many things with their $600 program that we can't afford to do with our little $20 program. Cost of manufacturing the hardcopies is about the same.

(Hey, I finally learned how to use these blue quote boxes!)
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote