View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #22
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Dale. - I am the last person you could call a Prolific fan, - but you do yourself no favours with your posts.  
It's not my intent to do myself any favors. However, I do have 50 years of experience in this field (not that duration is necessarily an asset), and I've worked in programming, systems analysis, system management, IT management, and (applicably) product marketing and customer support. And I've used lots of software and utilities.

It's my professional opinion that MA3Beta was technically "not ready for release", and that from a technical viewpoint release was premature. The reasons have been thoroughly pointed out by others, in that thread. Having said that, there also management considerations (to which we are not privy) that may have demanded release at this time.

It's also rather clear, from the results, that the SereneScreen e-commerce "rollout" for MA3Beta was "not ready for prime time". That's not a criticism of Jim (although perhaps he took it that way).

I infer, without current proof, that the MA3 installer has not yet been completely designed, and therefore isn't ready for full testing. That's clearly not a criticism of Jim, because he has nothing to do with building the installer. But this forum has been asked to test the installer, and pass judgment on its functions and quality. Enough on that subject.

Now, I've been told before to stop posting about one topic, and I have done so.

This is the MA3 Beta Test Forum. I'm attempting to give my honest opinions, based on experience, and trying to explain my reasoning for them. That's what I thought we all had been asked to do. Once I'm told that my input has been understood by those in charge, I'm happy to move on to another subject. (Understood is not equivalent to "accepted" or "agreed"). The decision of what to do (what to implement, etc.) isn't mine. Jim and Prolific are in charge of that, and rightfully so.

Jim, I don't think I would be happier "over at Dream Aquarium" (wherever that is). However, if you want me out of here, I'm out of here.

Similarly, if Baron Reichart Von Wolfsheild wants me goine, I'll depart gracefully and with thanks for the experience.

If my inferences are unfounded, or if my facts are wrong, I'm sure the forum participants will let me know. My opinions are just that - and other reasoned opinions are welcomed (if I've ever said "your opinion is wrong", I was mistaken).

Having said all of that -- as long as I'm around here, anybody may feel free to tell me to just shut up about some subject. In the past, that has worked.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote