View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #26
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Dream Aquarium is the competition (well, friendly competition). It's currently pretty stable, until Alan makes some drastic changes. So, if you're looking for something with most of the bugs worked out, I'd recommend it.

The thing is, you just don't seem to be having much fun here. I'm allowing people to buy Key Codes for a Beta program, just like I did nearly a decade ago with MA1. Those who like to be a part of the construction process have a ball doing this. Most of them feel like it's Christmas every week, with all the new additions. For $20, the price of lunch, they get years of enjoyment and the satisfaction of supporting the program and the motion pictures I plan to make with the proceeds.

It's Beta - sure, there are going to be bugs. They'll get straightened out. Prolific installed new servers and software in Los Angeles for this release. There will be glitches there, too. Five years from now, nobody will remember a few days of inconveniences.

We had to release. We're starving. You may have heard that the economy is going through a bit of a downturn. No work has been done on my home/studio since last April. Lumber is rotting. Concrete is cracking. I would not survive another year until you would consider MA3 ready for Prime Time.

If you enjoy it here and will allow the rest of us to enjoy it here, stay. If not, other websites are just a click away.  
OK, I understand all of that. (In particular, I had anticipated a release a month ago, for "management" reasons).

A big part of my "stock in IT trade" for the past 15 years has been testing software (against specifications and design), and helping companies find and understand software problems. I enjoy doing that. I think I'm good at it. And I fully understand that "other factors" have a big influence on what problems get fixed, and when.

If you'll help me out by describing what I need to do to "allow the rest of us to enjoy it here", I'll do my damndest to comply.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote