View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #56
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by JohnWho:
I'm still not convinced that this isn't a video driver issue and not an Windows 7 issue.

Both MA3 and Win 7 must be getting the information regarding the number of monitors from "something". Is it not the video driver?  
I'm not convinced it's a Windows 7 issue, and agree that it may be a video driver issue.

I have several Windows 7 computers of various versions. Most of them have video cards that are capable of two monitors, and have two output connectors. Most of the cards are ATI (AMD), although not as high-powered as the AMD HD 3870. One of the computers has an Nvidia (2-output) card.

NONE of those Windows 7 systems have any doubt about how many monitor cables are connected.

For JamesGreystone:

cjmaddy suggested going to "Windows Display Properties/Settings". Step-by-step, how did you get to there?

I presume you went to Control Panel, then Appearance and Personalization, then Display, and then clicked on "Change Display Settings" at the left. Or some other method. [The easiest method is to right-click on an empty spot on the desktop, and then select "screen resolution" from the popup.]

In any case, you should get the "Change the appearance of your display" panel. There are "Detect" and "Identify" buttons at the upper right - click on Identify. Tell us what happens. (You can try "Detect", too).

There's a pulldown box labeled Display. What does it say for displays 1 and 2.

If there is a "Multiple Displays" button, click on it and tell us what you see.

Do you happen to have cables connected to both outputs? It's often the case that the card actually detects connected cables, and assumes that a monitor is connected.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote