View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #34
Jim Sachs
Developer

Hi, Lan -

Yes, all of those things have been planned for a long time, but life sometimes gets in the way of the grandest plans.

Lately I have been discussing with Prolific the idea of putting the Freshwater Tank on hold, and returning to the Marine Aquarium for a major update. Encore has been pushing for this for some time now, hoping to have a product to fill the store shelves when CD sales start to flag. Since I make such a tiny percentage from hardcopy sales, Encore's wishes have never held much sway with me, but Prolific has a good relationship with them, and I want Prolific to do well.

So, I will make a decision on this in the next few days. There are still major technical hurdles to be overcome, like the 3D format issue. I also must finish my home design and turn it over to my General Contractor before I can start writing software again.

And then there's the rain. Our area is being deluged by an enormous storm, and there will be no relief for several days. At 6000 feet, we are right at the snow level. There is about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and the rain has now super-saturated it. Water is pouring into the closet of my bedroom, and I've had to stop writing this message twice to go bail it.

Could be worse - a short distance from here 200 people have been trapped in their cars overnight awaiting rescue.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium

Last edited by Jim Sachs; 01-08-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote