View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #34
cjmaddy
Registered

Isn't all this "banding" simply a product of how our own monitor is interpreting the signals sent to it? - Or how that signal may have been corrupted on its way to the monitor?

I am using a Nvidia 7900 GS with 178.24 drivers and see no banding what-so-ever! Neither is any banding visible in ANY of the screenshots of the various beta versions shown in the above posts contained in this thread.... when viewed on my system! - (I am using Win2kPro). - Therefore I reason that the problem must lie with either the version of Windows in use, or be caused by something associated with the monitor of the viewer experiencing the banding, - and not the data produced by any MA3 Beta.

Whilst it may be Windows Vista that is the problem here, it could also be the drivers used, or the need to install (or reinstall) DirectX, or the method used to compress the data of a screenshot. - All can effect the visible results of the smoothness of the background. - As indeed can the method of connecting the card to the monitor, ie, D-sub or DVI.

There are too many variables involved here, and I don't believe it has anything to do with just affecting Beta5 onwards, or even MA3 in general.

.... But of course, I could be wrong, - and someone will soon tell me if I am!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote