View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I love Microsoft Office 2007. It was clearly designed by a team of people who understood how office software should work. The team admitted that 90% of the features people were asking for were already built into 2003, they just couldn't find them.

On the other hand, Windows Vista was designed with some strange goals. Bill Gates said he wanted Windows to stop being the laughing stock of the OS world as far as security. As a result, Windows Vista prompts ENDLESSLY to do anything. Even the most trivial of tasks like changing a setting in the "Display" control panel requires answering a security prompt.

As much as Vista blatantly copies Mac OS X (use Mac OS X for about 10 minutes and you'll realize just how much of Vista is a direct copy), they got security all wrong and I consider Vista to be a nuisance.

People keep telling me if I just give it a chance I'll like it. The more I use it, the more I hate it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote