View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #28
klyntun

My two cents

I just downloaded the latest beta (strangely, I hadn't heard a word about it until I happened to notice the announcement today). I love the two new fish. I've never liked Cali or Monstro, and was beginning to wonder if I was always going to be limited to the first three. I'm glad to have more choices! IMO, three Freidas should count as one fish. Being so small, she gets lost when there are only three in the tank.
I like the bubbles, the plants seem better defined, and the detail on the rocks is much better. For some reason, my settings for back and foreground illumination are not retained, but revert to the default settings.
"The Tank" is the only one I'll use until the others have some plants. The top view is too disorienting for me. Perhaps if my computer monitor was lying flat on the table and I was suspended above it...
We should definitely be able to have more than 3 fish in the planted tank.
All in all, it seems to be progressing. For many weeks, GA was my default screensaver, but lately I've had MA on. I'd forgotten how beautiful it is! Glad to have choices.