View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #57
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Mountainmaster
Especially because I made the starfish position selector look so good and I want the user to go there instead of recalling it from a save.
Haha, nice reason but don't let this reason to ruin the level of ur programe, the friendly user interface become degraded.....
Well, it can be say that if the user select the starfish pos b4 and then save the setting, that means the user did actually go into ur starfish pos selection interface b4 and exprienced the nice imagemap, so if u make the user to go back to the starfish pos selector everytime when the user recalls a particular setting, that'll become a bit annoying, in fact, I made a few sampling by asking 12 ppl in my software enginerring classmates to use ur programe and 9 out of 12 asking me why did I have to select the starfish pos again everytime when I recall my setting, trust me, I didn't tell them anything about how the save setting function works.
Maybe it just we software engineering ppl like the better user friendly interface, after all our goal is to make a perfect software in the world providing better life to ppl. maybe we were been brain washed by doing so many programming and the way of thinking we face a thing is quite different then usual ppl...

I start explaining ur reason to them why u didn't plan to add that feature, and tell them maybe it requires a large amount of work on coding so that u don't wanna adding more functions and then they start telling me how can it be done in a persudal code way.
I can tell u how if u wish to add this feature in the future.

and btw, the starfish is a bit big as Swede said but it's alright.

Finally, I think making starfish to disappear is a many-request features in this forum, in fact, Jim did planing to make the feature to turn on/off of any invertebrate critter in the SSA in the later version, so why don't u alter it do make more pll feels better?
just simplely add another button labeled as "Turn starfish off"
and apply the regitry value when it's pressed.
anyway, it just another suggestion for u.

A very nice job done man!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote