View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #36
Jim Sachs
Developer

Kaseki - Yes, the Roku version is currently lower resolution. It was translated from the Android version, which was translated from the Mac version, which was translated from my PC version. It has gotten away from my code by several generations, and naturally exhibits some 'code drift'. I've been working with Prolific's Android programmers to sharpen up the Android version, and it's actually looking pretty good on my Galaxy s6 phone. These tweaks will probably also show up on Roku devices before long.

At 4K on a big monitor, you'll be running up against the limit of the fairly low-res fish textures. Some are only 64x64 pixels. When I was first creating the Aquarium 17 years ago, I designed it for 1024x768 in a world where 640x480 was the standard.

I'm hoping to get into programming in Unity or Unreal, which would open up a lot of possibilities for a new version of MA. I recently bought a used 3D laptop with a 17-inch screen. When the convergence is set right (a fairly obscure setting in NVidia 3D Vision), the Aquarium is so incredibly real in 3D that even I am still mesmerized by it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote