View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #92
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Widescreen Aquarium News

At some point in the future when the 3D background is done, there will be a single version of the Aquarium which supports:

-Single monitor
-Wide (16:9) monitor
-Dual monitors

On a dual monitor, there will be no need to scroll since the entire background is being displayed.

On a wide monitor ~70% of the background will be displayed and there will be optional automatic scrolling left to right so the entire tank is revealed.

On a single monitor ~50% of the background will be displayed and there will be optional automatic scrolling left to right so the entire tank is revealed.

Prolific's interest in getting dual monitors working is stronger now than ever, and their method of getting it working is to modify the base versions of the Aquarium. Prolific has been testing/working on dual monitor-compatible versions of both the regular and wide versions since December, but there are lots of different projects going on there right now (the fruits of which labor we will see over the next 2-3 months) so this has been slow-coming.

I downloaded 1.1.7, the first such dual monitor version in December but did not mention it to anyone because it did not work on dual monitors. However, it may fix your Lionfish + 3 stripe damsel bug. According to Prolific, we should see a beta/forum release of 1.1.8 in the next few weeks.

Is the Beta Forum no more now? - It's disappeared off the bottom of my screen
I put the beta forum away until we need it again, first when the dual monitor version comes out, second when the mainstream Aquarium gets the MAT-style settings panel.

I had given up on Prolific doing anything more about the widescreen!
At the very least, the 3D background version of the Aquarium (2004? ) will replace the widescreen and regular versions with a single uniform download. But I think we will see updates to the widescreen before then.

I don't have any randoms set, so I haven't seen a Lionfish for months! - If I did select one, it would only then change to a random which I may not want, ... so no Lionfish, - OR Three Stripe Damsel ... It would be nice to see one again!
Could you put "LionFish" into the registry manually?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-18-2003 at 12:10 PM.