View Single Post
Old 11-01-2001, 01:59 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

At first I didn't think we'd be able to search the EZBoard stuff. I e-mailed vBulletin and they said sure, just rebuild the indexes.

Every time I wonder "can I change this?" or "can I remove that?" and every time I've asked vBulletin for something that seems impossible, the answer is always yes, you can do that. The configuration was so easy and once I got the hang of the templates, I was able to simplify things and make it easy to use.

[edit]The old threads don't "work" so to speak. Even if someone registers their name, they can't go back and edit their old EZBoard posts. It's just a snapshot of history. As a favor, I went over to the two big polls "Should it maintain backwards compatibility?" and "How do you use the screen saver?" and copied down the graphics and numbers at the end of the poll and pasted them into the archives. So at least we have a copy of the numbers.[/edit]

Through an ingenious little script that one of the vBulletin users wrote, I have been able to link new vBulletin accounts with the old EZBoard postings. As you'll notice, even old posts now list your avatar, location, and you can edit them.

I'm just really impressed with how quickly things have fallen into place.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 11-04-2001 at 08:53 AM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote