View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #38
r1wigs
Banned

?

I wasn't trying to start an argument but my new monitor has a DVI connection and I don't have a DVI connection on the computer. I started investigating whether I should invest into a new video card. Photos on this LCD screen are eye popping, but fonts leave a lot to be desired. I have adjusted more setting than I can recall and now have fonts very reasonable, using clear type and all that. (I never heard of clear type before this) Screen resolutions and DPI, font sizes, font types (Tahoma is now my font of choice), I have changed so many times I lost track of how I arrived at my current state. Tried the "UseHR" in registry that totally fixed the font problem but I couldn't live with the fuzzy graphics. Looks great now but a few programs I have, the fonts still look like hell. Anyway, I posted on several computer boards to see if this would help out on making the fonts cleaner. (photos were perfect already). General info was that it didn't. So that's what I was referring to. Sorry. (the goldfish screensaver was just one more reason to go ahead and get the card)
r1wigs is offline   Reply With Quote