View Single Post
Old 01-23-2001, 06:34 AM   #96
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Wishlist Addition

I've asked Jim before what's involved in the fish photography. The fish must be lit from above, the picture must be an almost perfect side profile. The picture must be high-resolution and clear.

Jim says he has had problems with Aquariums and fish stores asking him to leave for trying to use a camera. So if you have some free time and don't mind taking pictures FOR YOURSELF and sending a copy to Jim of the best ones, go ahead. I wouldn't take a special effort to take the pictures because he may or may not be able to use them.

I hope that doesn't sound like too much of a downer but I don't want people sacrificing a lot of time and effort for something which may or may not be used.

If the fish isn't lit from above, it's possible, but still does not yield the best results, to light the fish manually. Ideally, the reflections from the scales near the top of the fish can only be achieved properly with proper lighting in the first place.

Good luck!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote