View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #39
MadBob
Guitar Man

I first saw it on about 500 monitors at Bowlers in Manchester (been going since it first opened) and scrounged a (ahem) dodgy copy off one of the guys. then a while later I decided to see how it had improved and actually paid for it [Sun Apr 29 10:41:54 2001] still got the original receipt.

I always pirate things first and then pay for them if I use them enough. EG. I downloaded Doom ]I[ about two weeks ago while I waited for my legal copy to arrive (this morning) I don't like cripple ware so I always get a serial or crack from somewhere and then once I decide that a program is for me (IE. I am going to use it more than once or twice) I pay for it.

I am a believer that if someone wants to get a copy of something for nothing they will, and nothing you can do will make them buy it unless they are the type of person who actually buys things, I have registered / bought at least 50+ pieces of online shareware over the years, and believe that piracy has its place in spreading software to people it otherwise would not get to.

I just know I am going to get flamed for this one
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote