View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
jms1asguest

2.0.6 not saving preferences

Is there some trick to making 2.0.6 actually SAVE the preferences under OSX 10.4? Every time the screen saver pops up I have to press B to turn off the bubble sound- and when I try to set this, or any other option, under System Preferences, my choices take effect in the preview area within the System Preferences program but do not affect the actual screen saver itself.

I have checked permissions, my userid does have full read/write permissions to the /Library/Preferences directory.

One thing I find strange is that my registration information is being stored in a file called /Library/Preferences/.plist (i.e. no file "name", just ".plist".) I'm not sure if this is connected or not.

I have tried totally removing and re-installing the screen saver, both in "/Library/Screen Savers" and in "~/Library/Screen Savers"... same problem no matter where it's installed.

I also tried the email form on SereneScreen's web site, and in over a month I haven't heard anything.

Totally unrelated: somebody needs to look at the permissions for this forum. Guests are allowed to create new threads but registered users aren't? That makes no sense to me at all...