View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 06:48 AM   #6
Axle
Registered

Ive never owned an aquarium, although i do intend to, so i have no idea what the difference is between all the aformentioned filters. I just thought that all aqua'ms just needed bubbles to 'work'. I still have alot to learn before i build my aquarium (and not a boring goldfish one!)

Anyway, i do agree with chaoswarrior, the bubbles are a little bit fake....ive been scuba diving a few times and the biggest thing ive noticed is that not all bubbles are even round. Some are almost semi-circular, and follow absolutely no pattern. (i noticed the SS bubbles tend to bounce of invisible lines)

Still, i think its very cool how there are three lines of different bubbles, going at different speeds and not just a single stream. Of course, then it suffers a sort-of 'overlay' effect where they just looked stacked...not one stream of different size bubbles. (i think im going in circles)

As has been sugested before, it'd be truly cool if the fish would affect how the bubbles flow, like breaking them apart and stuff when they go through.

I think it was mentioned once that doing them ultra-real would make the whole thing eat more resources.
I dont think so, the screensaver takes up pretty little as it is (10% of my system), so that wont be a problem (my comp is in its 3rd year of life...harldy top of the line).

Perhaps for low-end users there can be a "Simple Bubbles" check box option or something.
Axle Foley
Avid User of SereneScreen Aquarium
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote