View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #88
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

FIBE:
1. Increase size of Great White a little to make it more distinctive from the other sharks.

Ah, well the problem with that is as a rule I will go for the realism. The great white is already roughly the correct size in relation to the other sharks in the various tanks. I agree that we want to make the Great White and all of our sharks look better. I am sure that some sizes will be adjusted. But I am not sure that any size changes will be significant.

This page was built with screenshots from the Screensavers, and is accurate to their current relative sizes to each other.

http://www.lifeglobe.com/sh-ichthyology/scale.php

2. Make swimming speed vary a bit, sharks tend to swim real "casual" at times. And make the mako do some extremly fast bursts since it's the fastest shark there is. Let him show off some

We are looking into adding some more custom behaviour movement to improve the illusions these are actual animals. It has be mentioned and LOGGED that we want to try to get the Angel Shark to slow and hover along the ground. Burst of Acceleration etc...

Great White Tail. You win the award. No one, and I am sure if I am wrong the other fans will point this out, has pointed out this flaw in the model. Guys and Gals?

I did notice it a few months ago, but at that time we decided it was more important to work out others bugs. Additionally, BTW, the top down view of the model is not quite correct either. When we make a change to the sides of the tail, we will be modifying the top view as well. So yes, we are missing the giant muscles that the shark uses to propel itself through the water.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote