View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #32
Mith
Registered

Originally posted by feldon32:
Mith,

I think we have had some kind of miscommunication.

I got the impression that you were unable to produce a transparent PNG files. So you asked me "how do I get this file to you"? So that's why I asked you to post a Photoshop PSD file with the transparency worked out exactly how you want it. Then it is 1 easy step for me to make a transparent PNG in Photoshop and post it here on this thread. If you were to post a "flat" PNG file, then it would take a LOT of work to try to make it transparent again.

In other words, gimme the best you can get, and I'll do the last little step necessary.

If I am misunderstand and you ARE able to create transparent PNG files, then just post the PNG file to this thread using the Attachment feature as you have already been doing. You are welcome to also post a snapshot of how the logo looks on the crystal as a Preview.  

All I'm doing is taking a normal JPG file.... changing the extention from JPG to PNG. I rename the picture file to SSLogo256d.png and then put it into the MA3 folder. That's all I do. and it works. I haven't figured out how to make it transparent yet.

I installed photo shop 5.5 last night and found that apparently it won't work with Vista... so I'm using Corel Photopaint 8 to do what I described above. I didn't have enough time last night to try and duplicate what was described in that link on how to edit the PNG file.... I just ran out of time so my crystal photos are not transparent. All I've done was figure out how to get the picture onto the crystal.

Also, it appears that Jav400's pictures are not transparent in his thumbnails. I can desaturate my pictures as well, it's just the transparency part I haven't figured out yet...
Mith is offline   Reply With Quote