View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 02:31 AM   #520
drfish
the Doc

Here's our new 15 month old Borzoi, Apollo playing with Diva outside in their new fenced in yard. Had to use my old camera, sorry for the low quality...

We got him from a local breeder that shows them, she's had Borzoi for 28 years, she got her first pair from Japan and she's bread the same line ever since. We got to meet Apollo's grandfather, father, sister, cousins, and an uncle when we picked him up, it was crazy. We got him because the pink color on his nose wouldn't fill in so she couldn't show him. You could tell she was upset about parting with him, very upset... She said he's basically perfect except for his nose and that's why she kept him so long, hoping his nose would fill in... Luckily we don't care much about that, we're not going to show him, we just wanted a cool dog and a friend for Diva, so far it looks like we got just that.

And yes, he's very big, really, really tall! I'm 6'3" and his back is above my waist when standing... For perspective, that's a 5' fence in the pictures... I'll get some better pics later, with Jennifer or I in them to give you a better idea about his size...

I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote