View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 10:25 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

So the 3D background won't(?) be in the version 1.1? It will come later? And when I upgrade, as a registered user, why kind of background will be in v. 1.1?
The 3D Background is in the early stages. There's no way it will be done by next week. I'd look for it in Spring 2002.

Version 1.1 has the same background you have now. There has never been a promised date for the 3D background.

And when there is a 3D background will I be able to switch to the background that is currently on v.99L? Or can I have v.99L and version 1.1 installed and run them separately?
The 3D background completely replaces the background in 99L. Instead of flat photographed coral pieces juxtaposed together, the 3D background is all 3D objects, rocks, coral, anemones, clams, etc. that move or that the fish realistically swim around.

Also, the 3D background will be twice as wide as your monitor and the camera will slowly pan back and forth.

If you want to switch back and forth between the 99L background and the 1.2 (or whatever version #) 3D background, hang onto your copy of 99L.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman