View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 11:34 AM   #21
BladeRunner
Registered

Re: Here's the solution...

Well I'm glad I'm not totally mad and some others can see it, when running the screensaver I have to get about 4 foot away from the screen before I can no longer notice it at all. So maybe like The Tiny Turtle says I'm just more sensitive to this?, after all, the GF2 Ultra rolling lines issue, was blatantly obvious to me on the few cards I saw, when other friends couldn't see it or needed it pointed out. Could also be something in my system(s) that's amplifying it, making it seem worse than it would normally be. I have seen it running on others systems in the past, (but usually with poor quality 15" goldfish bowl monitors). You see until recently, I assumed this was simply a 16 bit colour thing, and as a 32 bit DX8 version was being worked on, together with banding being talked about, I assumed it would be fixed then, so I wasn't actively looking at others systems for this banding, I will from now on.

It's only when I revisited the new forums and saw the news that it wasn't possible to make a general DX8 version and 32 bit colour would not look any different. How do I try the 3 fish DX8 version for XP BTW? may look different?

I must say I do like that image, feldon23. Very nice but don't hint at more work for Jim or I'll definately be struck off his Xmas card list.

I must also stress I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, just trying to find a "fix", I agree with cjmaddy

I think I now regret looking for this. It really is very slight, and I repeat, I am more than happy to live with it! With the fish returned, the bubbles on, and the 3D coral to come, this will still be the best $20 you could spend! It IS fantastic!

It's not really that bad and I can and live with it, really I was looking for input as to which hardware type to avoid if anyone knew something particular was causing or amplifying it. again as cjmaddy says when you know it's there you always see it, like a scratch or dent in a new cars bodywork I guess.
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote