View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
Lin Evans
Registered

Originally posted by tom95521:
I'm new to marine aquarium 3 so please excuse my newbie ignorance. The fish appear to have the ability to rotate 360 deg. in the z axis and all x/y/z variations so then it seems that if the aquarium tank were shaped like a snowglobe it could rotate the same way as the fish? They (the fish) don't require infinite number of edges? Tom  
Assuming - from a theoretical perspective that it were possible to rotate the aquarium, think of the complexity of the simultaneous rotation and motion changes of the fish swimming in the aquarium which already have complex movements.

Possibly the best practical solution would be perhaps be a few alternate fixed views of the aquarium background, but even this presents myriad technical issues such as photographing a real model of the aquarium without the fish but containing the other fixed objects for processing - lots of work for the small return I should think.

As it is, I think the saltwater aquarium with 30 fish is an incredible accomplishment in 3D. To get anything more realistic would require video rather than 3D and the file sizes would be huge and could not have nearly the versatility which is offered with the present model.

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote