Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #510
Jim Sachs
Developer

No family except my wife and daughter around this Christmas. We're in Oregon now, and the extended family is still in California. Today is Chrismas Eve here. My wife will be sleeping all day, resting up for a 12-hour shift tonight (Labor & Delivery Nurse). My daughter will be driving around making contact with businesses all day in her new job as Director of The Rogue Concierge (a start-up company specializing in vacation packages and personal services here in the Rogue Valley).

So, nothing for me to do but work on the new website. Should have something up and running in a couple of weeks. We're going to try an experiment. Prolific is concerned that people won't buy from a site that is too good-looking, and I've been a bit worried about this myself. A lot of people are more comfortable spending money at a site with a bargain-basement Walmart look, so that's what Prolific has always gone for with SereneScreen.com. I've always wanted an elegant sancuary with the sights and sounds of a rainforest. Since the Marine Aquarium is currently the only one of the SereneScreen programs available, the rainforest look wouldn't really work until I get the Butterfly Habitat or Terrarium on the market. So, the look will be fairly Aquarium-specific.

The experiment will consist of switching half the customers to the new site, and half to the old site. Then we'll see where the bulk of the sales come from.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote