View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Socrates
Sage

Problems with 3 monitors across 2 video cards redo

OK, so I saw some previous threads on problems with 3 video card systems. Some of the issues sounded similar to the one I'm having but all the "resolutions" I saw had to do with the width/panning etc of the SS being at 2.5 monitors, which is not my issue at all.

My issue is that I just added a second video card to run my HDTV off of. I previously had just one 22" monitor on DVI and the HDTV on component off of an nidia 8500GT card on a PCIE slot. (windows 7 32).

I added a second 22" monitor and so I had to move the TV to a separate video card in order to run all three.

Now my setup is like this:
(1) HDTV on DVI of a PCI nVidia 9400 GT
(2) 22" Monitor on DVI of PCIE nVidia 8500 GT (This is the Primary WINDOWS Monitor)
(3) 22" Monitor on VGA of PCIE nvidia 8500 GT

The computer BIOS (annoyingly) insists on treating the PCI card as the primary card, so the TV is always going to be monitor #1. However, windows is set to treat monitor (2) as the primary monitor.

In MA 2.6, it has no trouble with this setup. It displays the ss on all three monitors (although obviously choppy on that pci card). HOWEVER, it does think that the primary WINDOWS monitor is monitor 1, and renumbers the HDTV as monitor 2.

In MA3, it correctly shows three monitors, and it even conveniently shows that it has the monitors ordered as I ordered them above (Since each tab shows the card it's using for that monitor). HOWEVER, no matter what combination of monitors I tell it to display the ss on in the configuration it tries to display it on both monitors (1) and (2) and it sticks at the logo screen and sometimes flashes back and forth from the logo to a faded stretched out screen aquarium. For example, if I set it to show only on (1) it tries to show it on (1)&(2). If I set it to run it on (2)&(3) it runs it on (1) & (2). etc. It works fine if I switch to windowed mode.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote