View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Socrates
Sage

So here is an update on this.

I swapped out my main pcie 8500 GT card for a PCIE 9500GT card. I REMOVED the secondary PCI card. I wanted to combine the audio onto the HDMI channel and the other card didn't do that. Also, the PCI card did not cool very well although it performed as expected.

Anyway, my setup is now ONE PCIE 9500GT card with an HDTV (Monitor 1), an LCD (monitor 2, primary), and DISPLAY LINK USB to DVI Adapter with one LCD (monitor 3).

Now I have no expectation of anything 3d running on a displaylink usb adapter - while it's somewhat dx compatible it has no 3d hardware. However, when opening the configuration for MA3, the MA seems to think the third monitor is on the 9500 card. With the previous card, MA3 at least saw that the monitors were on different hardware. Now the MA will not open at all. It just blanks the screens and then crashes out with no message of any kind. Makes no difference which monitors I tell it to use.

If I unplug the usb adapter for monitor 3, the FIRST time I run MA3, it shows the logo then sputters until I hit escape, but the SECOND time, it opens and runs just fine.

Anyway, Jim, I just thought any kind of info might be helpful. I suppose more and more people will be using 3 monitors and more and more will use displaylink adapaters as this is the same tech you see in virtual docking stations which I've been seeing turn up more and more at my customer sites.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote