View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 11:44 PM   #152

Sachs Aquarium Wishlist

Dear Jim
As a former hobbyist who had a salt water thank you so much for an incredible job. The realism is mind bending. Its also great for me - no more hours of cleaning and dead $50. fish. My recommendation for the tank is a Cleaner Wrasse. The colour is not spetacular but the relationship with the other tank inhabitants is fascinating. This species of Wrasse will remove parasites and so on from the bodies, gills and even mouths of other members of its community. The fish in the aquarium will actually present themselves for inspection in order to encourage the Wrasse to do its job. I have even seen a Cleaner Wrasse working on the mouth of a Moray eel. I had this Wrasse in my old tank and watching the relationships between it and others was endlessly fascinating. My knowledge of programming and so on your part is limited but I really feel that this would be a solid contribution. In the meantime thanks for a fabulous piece of work. By the way my cats also thank you. They think dinner is served when the monitor is on!!
Jim Harris
Toronto, Canada