View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #40
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Isn't all this "banding" simply a product of how our own monitor is interpreting the signals sent to it? - Or how that signal may have been corrupted on its way to the monitor?

....... and see no banding what-so-ever! Neither is any banding visible in ANY of the screenshots of the various beta versions shown in the above posts contained in this thread.... when viewed on my system! - (I am using Win2kPro). - Therefore I reason that the problem must lie with either the version of Windows in use, or be caused by something associated with the monitor of the viewer experiencing the banding, - and not the data produced by any MA3 Beta.
.... But of course, I could be wrong, - and someone will soon tell me if I am!  
Or you could be quite perceptive. I'm using Windows XP Pro on most of my systems - and Vista on 3 of them - and I have been unable to see the banding reported here on any of MY systems, when viewing any of the image captures posted here. I was reluctant to state that, because I thought it might be just my systems and/or might be my eyes and/or might be perceived as saying the OP don't really have a problem.

So, it's a good question - do all of the people seeing the problem on THEIR systems, also see the same banding when viewing ALL of the image captures shown in this thread?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote