View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #48
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Falz:
Um, Jim said updates would always be free. Including the 3D background.

Now I have to pay what I originally paid over again for 2 new fish?  
* Creature packs will cost extra.
* Fish packs created by artists other than Jim (unlikely to ever happen again) will cost extra.
Originally posted by Falz:
It's good that they are combining all the MA versions into one now, but to split them off in the first place was a bit of a greedy grab for money. Now to get the "combined" version, you have to pay AGAIN even if you bought all the previous versions! LOL... shrewed Jim, very shrewed.  
It has nothing to do with Jim being shrewed [sic.] or shrewd. Jim doesn't get much if any of that upgrade money.

Marine Aquarium Time/Crystal/Logo/Clock was created by Prolific and they get all the extra proceeds for its sale. It has always been a separate product from the Aquarium which is Jim's baby. Think of all the features and control panel options that have been added since Jim's last version (.99K). It's huge. And much more compatible. And no more overheating CPUs.

My issue is trying to fold two separate products into one. If they want to make it 1 download for simplicity's sake, fine. But you should still be able to use different keycodes to get different features. One keycode for MA2, one keycode for MAT, one keycode for both.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote