View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #6
GMarowski
Registered

Chill Out!

Come on guys, chill out. True, Jim did say this and that were on the way. He has never committed to a schedule. (And I admire that!). And this is a business, as well as a labor of love. Personally if Jim came back and said. "Sorry guys, that's all there will ever be, I'm done". I'd still say "Thank you Jim, I got more than my $20 worth". And would continue to enjoy the screensaver until it would no longer run on my system.

The point I'm trying to make is:

1. Try putting out a product, any product. and listen to the whiners complain about your schedule, your quality, and why there hasn't been an update by a time THEY decide is appropriate.

2. You paid your money and got a product. If you read your users agreeement, I think you'll see that for the most part that's all you're intitled to. That and free upgrades in the future.

3. The wishlist is just that, a wishlist. It's not a promise of anything. These are all things Jim himself would like to see, and a forum for us to express our likes and dislikes. I see no contract signed in blood that entitles me to demand more than I have received thus far.

Do I seem a little harsh?. I appologize. I work with software all day and hear the same complaints. But I think we should all stand back a bit, (look at the screen saver), and thank Jim for the marvelous work he has given us, (at a nominal cost), and just be thankful for once. Expect no more and you will never be disappointed.

Let us not forget where this came from. It came from the imagination and talent of one man. (I prefer to leave Prolific out of it for now, although we should be thankful that they have helped Jim out a little). We do not own him or any right to his work, which he has agreed to allow us to use. Thank you Jim. Thank you very much.

Flame off...
GMarowski is offline   Reply With Quote