View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Dale
Banned

Marine Aquarium 3 Beta Expired?

In the now-locked thread, Jim said:

"I just uploaded Beta 2. From now on, I will probably name all subsequent versions the same: MA3Beta.zip. That way, the latest version will always be at the same link. When you run the program, the actual Beta number will be on the screen."

Procedural problems:

1. When I try to run MA3, it says "The Beta Test has expired". Now, what version of the Beta was that? I can't tell unless I run the program, and I can't run the program. So, not remembering what Beta I was running on that machine....

2. So, cussing a bit, I download from that link, extract, etc. etc. "The Beta Test has expired".

3. Of course, since what I downloaded was MA3Beta.zip, there's no clue what version it was. So, I go to the extracted MABeta.scr file and look at the properties, and behold - it says it's 1.0.0.1 - so no clue there, either.

Assuming that the Betas will continue to expire, we need SOME clue about what's going on, if the message says that "The Beta Test has expired" and not letting us run the .scr. Either "The Beta 2 Test has expired", or whatever.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote