Thread: Jaggies again
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 09:10 PM   #13
mrtew
Registered

Re: Possible answer...

Originally posted by ric
I did a quick check on the two images you posted and they are not at the same scale.
I think what you're seeing is that the scaling is causing the image to degrade, creating jaggies. In all likelyhood the image is being geneterated at the right size, but for some reason is being scaled down in OS X.
Hope this helps.
I thought scaling had something to do with it at one point too because in some screenshots I did it looked like the OSX fish were smaller, but as you can see in this new comparo everything is the same size. The fish near the back of the tank are smaller looking because they are farther away, but all of them look worse and jagged in OSX. The big horizontal rips in the OSX one are an effect of the screenshot, but you can see the jaggies clearly. When the fish are moving they are not nearly as obvious, but for those that don't see them all I can say is boot into OS9. I never really noticed them until I tried that...., so maybe if you don't want to ruin MA for yourself don't! I have a brand new TiGz and I've seen them on the even newer G4 dual 1.25GZ at the Apple store so it's definitely not 'older' Macs. I am glad to hear that you are still working on a fix though Jim!

mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote