View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Dale:
Not what I meant, at all.

Assume that somebody uses one of the "standard" screensavers (say, 3D FlowerBox), and wants that to work.

However, when they launch MA3 manually using the desktop icon, they want MA3 to display continually - and not be affected by the screensaver.

So, they aren't using MA3 as a screensaver. Just using it as you would like them to use it.

That seems to be a reasonable way to set things up, but can't be done with the available MA3 options.  
To me, that doesn't make much sense. If they want to use a screensaver, then it would make sense to me that the screensaver would take precedence over any running application (including MA3). If they want MA3 to take precedence over the screensaver, then they should run it as a screensaver or turn off the screensaver function. Having an app take precedence over a screensaver is sort of antithetical, isn't it?

Of course, none of this is of any help to the original poster's problem with MA3 not disabling the monitor sleep setting which has nothing to do with the screensaver. Regardless of whether MA3 is being run in app or screensaver "mode", the ability to disable monitor sleep mode (ala MA2) is a very nice touch that will be missed by some users who are upgrading to MA3.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote