View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #1457
johnblommers
The Architect

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
Seriously?! Are you suggesting everybody who wants to listen to music while watching MA3 should download iTunes or maybe Jim should bundle it? All 56+ MB of it – yeah, that'd make at least Apple and a lot of ISPs happy.  
Those who have purchased protected content from the ITMS will already have it, as will those who use iTunes on Windows. Those who don't use iTunes on Windows won't bother, for the reasons you cited.

WMA playback was never an issue so you can't even play the "But M$ did the same" card.  
We have unprotected WMA content, the abandoned PlayForSure DRM, and Zune DRM content, a worst bag than Apple's. Use the MS APIs and you play back their stuff, use QuickTime APIs and you can play back QuickTime content including ITMS content.

Me sense is that Jim is only going to go the MSFT route anyway unless it turns out that there is huge demand for QuickTime formats.

P.S.
I 'm a dedicated iTunes user myself and enjoy it – on my Mac.  
Me too! iTunes on Windows is a glacial experience, I don't know how people put up with it. Oh wait, they already put up with Windows ...
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote