View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #52
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Yes, Jim has finished replacing Ken's 5 fish with his own versions of each fish, plus a familiar face returns to the Aquarium, re-created from scratch.

It used to be that Jim finished something (usually at 3am), plugged it into the Aquarium, had a few people test it, and then he put it on the website to download. Prolific's own testing and modifications of the Aquarium (they have to produce GUI artwork and update the text) add another layer -- hopefully only a couple of days.

They're still tweaking Marine Aquarium Logo. I've been testing it and plan to set up a subforum for it since I think we'll be seeing logo suggestions, logo submissions by aspiring artists, and personal requests for logos. I've developed 10 non-commercial logos/symbols and 5 commercial logos such as AMD, Intel, and TiVo.

Marine Aquarium Logo is not yet available. As soon as I get confirmation that the method and specifications for creating logos is locked down, I can start assembling a tutorial.

In the current test version anyone can import a black and white BMP image of virtually any size and the Aquarium will turn it into a decent logo.

If you are a perfectionist, a more involved non-supported (it works, but don't ask SereneScreen/Prolific tech support for help!) method involving TGA or PNG files will be available. Tech support for this method would be handled here on this forum.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote