View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 AM   #1
drfish
the Doc

MCE Goldfish a step backward?

I just built my first WinXP MCE 2k5 system last night and of course had to check out the special edition GA that it comes with... It actually looks pretty darn cool. But I had a concern...

I understand it is feature limited for a reason but one feature is missing that I found shocking... Why is there no framerate limiter? The GA appears to run the CPU (Athlon 64 3000+) at nearly 100% all the time which not only interferes with folding but makes typically tiny HTPC boxes very, very hot for no good reason.

Is there a registry edit I can use that will let me limit the framerate? I didn't dig too deep into it last night, but I thought I'd ask here anyway...

If I can't find a solution I'll just remove it, my payment for building the computer is that it folds 24/7 (thus heat is not a concern for me) but it won't do much number crunching if the user finds the GA and uses it as the screen saver...

Of course the last option is for someone to show me where the setting is that I overlooked and then poke fun of me for missing it...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote