View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 12:59 PM   #1
pipeta
Royal Gramma

AI for the tank

I wanted to understand how the AI (Artificial Intelligence) for the tank works so this is a question for Jim. My guess would be that the fish have a large net of courses. When a fish reaches a division in the course it selects a random way to go through. Am I right?

I am trying to understand how these things work since I really love programming (I learned Pascal in school, started learning C on my own and plan to learn Direct3D soon) and I am considering a career in computer gaming (Which means I will have to move to the U.S. or to England (I live in Israel)).
I already understand how 3D engines\rendering images work and I understand the basic ideas for creating Collision Data. I would like to know as much as possible about these subjects, including building AI, especially for shooters (which may get very complex).
So, anyone who knows of sites dealing with the subject of AI algorythms (basic ideas for shooters\strategy games), please post a link. If you know anything about the subject feel free to e-mail me at 'jlahav@netvision.net.il'. Thanks in advance.
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote