Thread: timeline
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2002, 01:24 AM   #19
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Exclamation

they won't work in a salt tank, at least not for long
Oh I wasn't suggesting that they would work in a salt tank by any means, I just thought it was strangely ironic is all. Besides, I would never use any of those toys in one of my tanks, fresh or salt. I prefer that each of my tanks simulates a natural setting, nothing surreal.

However, since we do have a contingent of people on each side (those who prefer toys, and those who do not), it would probably be a really good idea to make the toys a user selectable option in the Freshwater Settings.

The only other thing to take into consideration is the placement of the toys within the tank. Obviously we wouldn't want users to be able to place the toys where ever they want. If we did, then we would probably run into a slew of collision issues (geometry going through other geometry, etc.). So the best solution would probably be to have predetermined locations for the toys to appear and include a set of On/Off toggles for each toy in the Settings page. Also, since some or all of these toys are likely to use bubble columns or some kind of bubble release effect, those specific toys will need a seperate On/Off toggle for the bubbles as well.

What do you think Jim?

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote