View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #1539
cjmaddy
Registered

Of all the screen savers I've bought or downloaded as trials over the years, there is only one I can think of that didn't get its 'sound' killed within the first minute or so. - I have tried to reason why this should be! ... And the only conclusion I can come up with, is that if the fish movement, (or whatever the subject of the SS is), doesn't gel with the sound/music then one or other gets so monotonous that we soon tire of it, and thus can loose interest in the product itself. - Jim, after all the justified success of MA over the years, why at this stage spoil it by adding 'music'?

In addition to the above exception, there is only one other SS that IMO benefits from the adding of some music, and that. as I have commented on before, is the Manta Ray tank in the Sharks SS. - The background music used being The Blue Danube, which is successful because it fits in with the fish movement so perfectly. As the same music did, for the same reason, when it was used in the film, 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Don't do it, Jim. - If we want music, we can easily add it ourselves, and without copyright worries!
Can you imagine going into a store and having banks of computers endlessly churning out Pachelbel's Canon? - It wouldn't do much for Pachelbel - and I don't think it would help Jim Sachs much either! ... But it will never happen, - the sound would be switched off, (hopefully!), - So why have it in the first place? - The default bubble sound is far more natural.

Shall we have a poll to see what others think....

Should MA3 have default music? - Default music, or, Default bubbles. - (Your own music would be an option with either).
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote