View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
ttaylor555
Registered

I just recently built this computer in February and these Aquarium screensavers never worked on this computer. I do alot of DVD video editing of home movies and record my favorite TV shows with a TV turner card in this computer and burn them onto DVD and I've never had a problem otherwise with this graphics card. This is the first time though that I've used an ATI card. I have 2 other computers that I built for my kids, and I put NVIDIA cards in those and they play the Aquarium screensavers just fine. I'm not too impressed with ATI so far and I think next time I'll go back to NVIDIA cards. I never had problems with NVIDIA. I tried the F key and it was exactly the same problem, just a smaller version.
One strange thing I ran across was as I was checking all my screensavers in XP, I found that the 3D Pipes screensaver did not work until I went in the 3D Pipes Settings and "Disabled hardware 3D rendering." All the others worked fine even the Plus! screensavers exept of course the Aquarium Plus! did not work.
ttaylor555 is offline   Reply With Quote