View Single Post
Old 01-23-2001, 03:32 PM   #18
MegaHertz
Registered

How to Increase FPS

First I'll post my specs. PIII 825(550@150MHz FSB), Abit BE6-2,256M PC133 SDRAM, CL Annihilator 2 MX, Win98 SE, DirectX 8.By the way MX is the way to go til NV20 gets here. Price vs. Preformance is unbeatable. That is about all that should matter. Running THE AQUARIUM @ 1024x768 I get 119 FPS all 7 Fish set to random. Running 1152x864 I get 100 FPS all 7 fish again set to random. The secret is to turn off vsync when I turn it on I only get about 80 FPS no matter what screen resolution. So to answer your question turn off vsync. This must be done in your Video cards drivers or through a third party utility like nVmax. If you are using Nvidia reference drivers you must have coolbits enabled in order to get the disable vsync option. On matrox cards I'm not much help. But there are other video card utilities out there. Try looking at tweakfiles.com they have most of the recent video card tweaking utilities.
Hello...Welcome to the Police 9-1-1 Hotline..." If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are codependant, ask someone to press 2. If you are a multiple personality, press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and we are tracing this call. If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will tell you what to do. If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which # you push it will be wrong anyway.
MegaHertz is offline   Reply With Quote