View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 08:06 AM   #77
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by phauxxee
I'll be purchasing my first Marine Tank Screensaver hopefully by next payday
Awesome!

and have been wondering if there's a place to view everything one gets when ordering?
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/thefish.html

I'd like to see what sort of plants and other goodies come along with the package if possible.
No plants, just 23 more fish.

Something else I've been wondering about; are there any plans on making more elaborate backgrounds for the Tanks?
The Marine Aquarium is Jim Sachs' project and every indication is, we will see an updated background in the future.

There is another program ( the 'sim aqaurium') but the fish are not as lovely and natural moving as Jim's are. What I do like about the other program, though, is the way they show sunlight filtering through the top of the tank, and the depth is done so well, fading off the way real underwater worlds do.
SereneScreen Marine Aquarium is a personal fishtank, not a reflection of the ocean. To do an ocean simulation, I think Jim feels he would have to make too many compromises or require a top-of-the-line videocard.

Hopefully I'll be able to add the Goldfish and the Freshwater Screensavers soon too!
Jim is working on the Freshwater now and the programmers and artist on the Goldfish project seem to be on early summer hiatus but I figure we'll see a new version soon.

and Welcome to the forum!!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote