Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 Beta 5 Fish Settings Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
David
Registered

I just tried out Beta 4 and it still has the same problem.

When you make a new set and change fish, it not only changes the new set but also changes the previous set to the settings of the new set. For example start out with the default set of 14 random fish and create New Set 1 of 15 Yellow Tangs and press OK. Now the Default Set has 15 Yellow Tangs and New Set 1 has 15 Yellow tangs. Then Create New Set 2 with 10 CopperBand Butterflyfish and press OK. Now New Set 1 has 10 CopperBand Butterflyfish, New Set 2 has 10 CopperBand Butterflyfish and Default Set has 15 Yellow Tangs.

It seems as you press New Set and select new fish you are still using and writing to the variables of the previous set. Whether you press OK or Cancel it still writes back to the previous set.

When you press New Set it should create a completely new set of variables that has nothing to do with the previous set. I would think it best if these variables were all set to 0 fish, but in any case they shouldn’t write back to the previous set.

I tried selecting New Set, changing fish and then pressing Cancel and it seemed to lock up several times.

I tried pressing New Set without entering a name, changing fish and then pressing OK. The blank new set wasn’t listed but the previous set had the new settings.

The logic of the Fish Settings section obviously needs to be improved.
David is offline   Reply With Quote