View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
maxieellis
Registered

oh my gosh.......i imagine you feel abbandon by me........NOT the case. You gotta follow this thread. what a mess.

So you wondered if i had the right drivers for my vid card? hummmm i think, yup.....but lets check. So i go into the bit to update the drivers....hum how could it hurt......ooooooooh big mistake. should never have done that. I lost all my color.....this huge screen which would be great if i had eye troubles.......but no. so i think no biggie....i'll just install the drivers provided for me from my handy computer fella. ssssssure. nothing. i call him. now since i was ...yes, WAS,...using win98se...he couldnt recall what i needed to do exactly.....because ages ago we forced them whatever that ment. so.........pack it up and go to the shop.

Nice and tidy all done in a blink of an eye........home now. plug everything back in and yyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaah.....snap crackle pop pop snap and friggin........smoke. uh huh. yup......something shorted out. I knew instantly BIG trouble and was correct. Now wait......freeking out, call my computer guy and he is wondering WHAT the hay is going on also. Pack it up again. back to the shop.

Get it there and he takes the old (well now it is) power supply out and tries a brand new one.......hummmm power up......but nothing on the screen. oooops, forgot to plug into the processer. ok.......now.......nothing, no power up...diddlie fiddlie. Yup, blew out the whole mother board. uh hum. soooooooo what to do. Not much choice........new mother board.......new power supply and my FISH still dont want to swim. hoooboooohoooobooo snivel!

so what the deal now. I see them nice.........this time however.....but, they just lock up or......i get a mesage that says something about the 3d business. I can and will get that exact message for you .......but in the mean time........any thoughts.

oh yeah seems on the drive home some conection somewhere rattled around and poofffff up in smoke. I am now running windows xp home.

me oh me oh Maxie